I was deeply honored to be tasked with the major and complex task of revamping B&H’s checkout process.
- Reduce checkout abandonment.
- Reduce the amount of time it takes to complete checkout.
- Add two click checkout for shoppers that already have saved information.
- Beautify a checkout process that hadn’t been updated for almost 10 years.
- B&H Ships worldwide. Each country had its own rules and fields. They all needed to be accounted for.
- There was layers upon layer of undocumented rules operating within the process that needed to be unraveled.
- Requirements had to be collected from 5 separate departments that were stakeholders.
- We were endeavoring to build a completely unique 1 page checkout so we could not fall back on common flows.
- The page required a lot of ajax interactions as the shopper progressed through the steps.
- Give shoppers the ability to use multiple credit cards and gift cards at the same time.
After leading the project through design, specifications, and testing, the checkout process launched to resounding success and is still in use 5 years later.